Mocha Barista Training
Our Barista school opened in 2000 with a remit to teach anyone who loves coffee, how to create and present the perfect cup. Espresso, Ristretto, latte, Cappuccino, Piccolo, Long Black and Flat White, you wil learn them all along with lessons on mainteneance and hygiene to ensure the best coffee every single time.
To date, over 600 Baristas have graduated from our school. All have been trained by Paul Mannassis, who is the Chief Coffee Judge of the highly regarded Sydney Royal Fine Food Show.
Introduction to Espresso
This introductory course is designed with a hands-on approach focussing on developing the necessary skills to identify the vast number of variables associated with preparing traditional espresso based coffees and making adjustments accordingly. You will use a range of sophisticated espresso machines and follow time-honoured practices as you learn the art of making the perfect cup of coffee.
Each participant has access to hands-on training on both commercial espresso machines and commercial grinders. Class sizes are limited to 4 participants per session ensuring you get comprehensive individual attention.
You will immediately be able to fine tune your skills and provide your clients with a rich consistent coffee ensuring you receive repeat sales.
Introduction to Espresso is a one day 6 hour course and covers the following:-
When you have finished the program, you'll be able to:
- Explain the basic operation of an espresso coffee machine.
- Identify the major parts of a commercial espresso machine and grinder.
- Prepare an espresso machine for use.
- Monitor the operation of a commercial coffee grinder and make adjustments as required to ensure ground coffee is fresh and of the correct testure.
- Fill coffee handles with ground coffee to correct height, and tamp coffee to correct density.
- Preparing and serving espresso based beverages.
- Chemically cleaning an espresso machine.
- Shut down an espresso machine.
- Identify faults with an espresso coffee machine and grinder and take appropriate remedial action. (This includes identifying faults that requre the service agent to remedy, and fixing those faults within the scope of the user.)
The course runs for 4 hours and costs $320.00 excl. gst. per person.
Mocha Coffee Barista Training Facility
Unit 5, 13-21 Cadogan Street, Marrickville, NSW
Ph: 9565 5227
If youre interested in developing the skills required to make great coffee please email your details to us.